You have freedom to bank securely on the Internet where and when you choose with VCB’s Online Banking.
And you have the power to shop online with your VCB Check Card. Stay in control of your financial information by using safe online practices.
Protect Your Online Transactions:
- Choose passwords that cannot be guessed easily and that use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters, such as an asterisk (*) or a pound sign (#).
- Change your user names and passwords regularly.
- Memorize your passwords; don’t write them down or share them. Avoid using the same password for all of your online accounts.
- Confirm that you are in a secure, encrypted Web session before entering personal or financial information online (In the browser address bar, look for https://).
- Always sign off from your online banking session; VCB’s Online Banking will automatically sign you off after 15 minutes of inactivity as a security measure.
- Logoff from a Web site after making any purchase with your check or credit card.
- Don’t use unencrypted email for conducting financial transactions. If you are a VCB customer needing to communicate by email about your accounts, please only use the secure access email on our Contact VCB page.
- Turn off the "auto fill" function on your computer.
- Do business on the Internet only with companies you know and trust.
- Close your browser when you’re not using the Internet.