VCB offers mobile banking options for any phone capable of sending and receiving text messages — not just smartphones! Enjoy the many benefits of Text Banking, including:
- Check account balances
- View transaction history
- Receive account alerts
How does it work?
Enable text alerts on your mobile device through your VCB Personal Online Banking account. Once your device is activated, simply send any of the below text commands to 79680 to instantly receive real-time account information.
|Text us:||To receive:|
|Summary of available balances for all accounts|
|Summary of recent transactions per account|
|List of available Text Banking commands|
|Phone number and URL to reach VCB Customer Care|
|URL for VCB Mobile Web|
|URL and new activation code for VCB Mobile Web|
|Stop all Virginia Commerce Bank text services|
How do I activate my phone?
For an easier activation process, we recommend using your personal computer to activate VCB Mobile. Please have your mobile device with you during the activation process.
- Log in to your VCB Personal Online Banking account.
- Click the Administration button in the top navigation and choose Mobile Banking under Maintain Account.
- Click Enroll a Mobile Device and enter your phone number and carrier, and carefully read the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions and check the box to indicate that you agree to them.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to enroll your phone, ensuring that the box is checked next to Text Banking when enrolling.
- You will then see a six-digit activation code on your screen. This activation code can be used to activate all three modes (Text Banking, Mobile Web and Mobile App) as long as it is used within the 24-hour activation window.
- You will automatically receive a text message on your phone prompting you for the activation code. To enroll and activate your phone, reply to the text with the activation code on your screen. Text Banking is now activated.
Will I receive unsolicited text messages?
No. You will only receive messages when you specifically request them with one of the Text Banking commands or if you subscribe to Account Alerts.
Virginia Commerce Bank does not charge a fee for VCB Mobile Banking. Your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Please check with your wireless carrier for more information about which text or data plans are available to you